· zygote undergoes mitotic divisions
· to form the embryo.
· undergo mitotic divisions
· to form endosperm tissue.
3. Endospermic + embryonic development:· occur in the ovule.
· integuments surrounding the ovule
· will harden to form seed coat.
5. There are two types of seeds:· monocotyledon (seeds have one cotyledon)
· dicotyledon (seeds have two cotyledons)
6. Germination:· emergence of the radicle
· thru seed coat.
7. Water:· required for germination
· enters the seed by imbibition.
· initiate embryo to synthesise gibberelin.
8. Gibberelin will:. diffuse thru endosperm àinto aleurone layer.
. initiate production of hydrolytic enzymes.
2. Hydrolytic enzymes will:. enter endosperm
. catalyse conversion of compound (stored in endosperm).
3. Products (especially glucose) will be:. transferred to the embryo
. used for respiration + germination